A vile little wavetable drum module!
MUSKRAT is a flexible, 8-bit wavetable drum synth. There are 23 on-board wavetables to choose from, either manually or via bipolar CV input. Pitch and phase distortion include bipolar CV inputs and accept -5v to +5v. The "Trigger" input is designed without input conditioning and picks up signals of all varieties. In other words it is an envelope follower circuit. You can plug an external CV or offset into this input and it will operate like a regular VCA. For even more extreme sound mangling, engage the MUSKRAT mode via the switch to feed a random number into the phase accumulator at the internal clock rate. This mode also includes a gate input that acts as an "accent".
Basically, pick a kraptastique wave, change the pitch, mangle the hell out of it, feed the rodent, BANG! it; you’ve caught yourself a Muskrat. WARNING: if you feed the rodent(“my...god...what...have...we...done?”) it’s brain goes into a fiery frenzy and spits out glitch after glitch of holy bleepbloopness. If you yank on it’s tail it’ll shriek a lil’ longer, especially if you’re pulling it at long range. Beware, once you let this critter out of the cage it will want to nest so BANG! it on the head!
- CHEW - Pitch with bipolar CV input
- DIG - Wavetable selection with bipolar CV input
- SCRATCH - Phase Distortion with bipolar CV input
- BANG! - "Trigger" input that's really an envelope follower allowing for non-trigger signals
- TAIL - Adjusts decay of trigger/envelope follower circuit
- 3 position RANGE switch for decay time
- Muskrat Switch + Input - Causes chip to glitch out when switch is active or 2v or greater is received
- Socketed Chips - Switch them out for more experimental fun!
55 mA +12V
20 mA -12V
20 mm deep