Maths is the ultimate modulator! To say that it's one of the best envelopes in eurorack would be a huge understatement-MATHS is an analog computer designed for musical purposes. Amongst other things, it will allow you to:
- Generate a variety of linear, logarithmic, or exponential triggered or continuous functions
- Integrate an incoming signal
- With no signal applied, generate a variety of linear, logarithmic, or exponential functions
- Add, subtract and OR up to 4 signals
- Generate analog signals from digital information (Gate / Clock)
- Generate digital information (Gate / Clock) from analog signals
- Delay digital (Gate / Clock) information
If the above list reads like science rather than music, here is the translation:
Maths is an excellent voltage controlled Envelope or LFO as slow as 25 minutes and as fast as 1khz, with a continously variable slope from logarithmic to linear to exponential for a huge snap! It creates envelopes and LFOs by lagging or slewing internal or external gates, so the gate input operates as a lag/slew/portamento with seperate voltage-controlled rise and fall rates. Coupling this with a well thought out set of utilities such as attenuvertors, mixer, and Or combiner allow Maths to become much more than the sum of it's parts.
Perfect for modulating just about anything!
- Width: 20hp
- Max Depth: 24mm
50mA @ -12V