The Multimode Envelope Expansion module introduces a number of useful elements to the WMD Multimode Envelope, including voltage control over stages, trigger outputs, and behavior control.
Expansion Controls and I/O
- CV Inputs and Attenuator Knobs - These dedicated CV inputs and bipolar attenuators give massive control over the shape of the envelope by allowing each segment to be CV controlled. Bipolar attenuators allow inversion of the source signal. A 12 o'clock position will yield no change from the control voltage. Spin CW for normal operation, CCW for inverted CV control. Each input is calibrated so when set to maximum CW, one volt will double the rate the segment.
- EOA, EOD, EOS, EOR - These output triggers go off when the respective segment comes to an end. Useful for triggering other modules for complex timings. Standard trigger length is 10mS. This can be trimmed on the back of the module.
- Retrig - This trigger input will cause the envelope to return to the attack segment if the envelope is already in progress. If the envelope is not running (no lights on), retriggers will be ignored.
- Hold - Apply a signal to this input to pause/hold the envelope. Use for stepping the envelope or halting motion during complex patches.
- ADR TimeScale - This CV input affects the Attack, Decay and Release segments speed equally. The Multimode Envelope is designed so that this input will make each segment track reasonably close to 1V/octave.
- Reset on Gate - This switch determines whether the envelope will reset to 0 volts when a new trigger or gate is applied if the output is above 0 volts. It does not affect Retrig.
55 mA +12V
11 mA -12V
0 mA 5V
28 mm deep